Why Christians Should Vote!
What days and times we are living in as Christians! In the past, you and I have made a difference in this beloved nation we call America. As surely as Pearl Harbor was attacked, December 7, 1941, and brought us into war; as surely as New York City was attacked, September 11, 2001, and brought us into war…in the spiritual realm, the attack on Christianity and our survival as a Christian nation is happening moment by moment, day by day forcing us into an unprecedented warfare where we will embrace the great commission to preserve our identity as a nation founded on God’s principles or simply yawn at the destructive events transpiring around us. Jesus clearly states, If you are lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth (Revelations 3:16).
So, on this subject of lukewarmness…why should Christians vote?
1. You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet (Matt 5:13). Are we willing for America to lose our flavor of being founded and survived as One nation under God? No! We Must Vote!
2. The true light, which gives light to everyone (John 1:9). Jesus said of believers that “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:14-16). Are we willing to hide the Light of Christ under a cover? No! We Must Vote!
3. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin (James 4:17). Are we willing to exist in lukewarmness over issues such as
- Abortion— WE MUST VOTE!
- Shriveled moral righteousness— WE MUST VOTE !
- Persecution of righteous leaders in government— WE MUST VOTE!
- Gender identity— WE MUST VOTE!
- Drug addictions— WE MUST VOTE!
- Elimination of prayer in our schools and public places— WE MUST VOTE!
Peter was aware of the attack against our very Christian survival when he wrote, Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in this world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against the soul (1 Pet. 2:11). WE MUST VOTE to save our souls!
So, dear friends, For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the ]Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are [d]exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore He says:
Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light (Ephesians 8-14)
WE MUST VOTE!