Over the past 44 years, Americans have “legally” taken the lives of over 60 million innocent unborn babies without the due process of law guaranteed every American by the U.S. Constitution. Just as the U.S. Supreme Court erred horrifically in its 1857 Dred Scott Decision
, declaring that “a negro, whose ancestors were imported into [the U.S.], and sold as slaves… whether enslaved or free, could not be an American citizen and therefore had no standing to sue in federal court,” so did they err in the 1973 Roe v. Wade
, the 1973 Doe v. Bolton
, and the 1992 Planned Parenthood v. Casey
rulings, which were based upon utter distortion of the Constitution to fit the politically correct thinking of the then-majority of justices.
The loss of each baby’s life, as well as the guilt and damage to mothers who felt justified by the new “law” to take their baby’s lives, must be shared by all who have stood by idly, content to watch what has turned out to be an American massacre. Moreover, we have pushed this “American policy” on foreign lands and required those who receive American aid to adapt similar policies. And while the Hyde Amendment prevented Federal tax dollars from going to abortionists, we have funded Planned Parenthood at home and abroad for all these decades. These policies are being brought to an end by President Donald Trump.
But the legal fight will go on until the makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court has been changed, which President Trump has promised to do. God has been radically merciful to America, not bringing the consequences of our evil deeds upon us in the full measure we deserve as a nation. Surely, if God has held off the full force of His judgments, if we repent, turn from our wicked ways, and seek the face of God as covenanted by God in 2 Chronicles 7:14, He will forgive our sins and pour out His healing grace upon our land.
Points for Prayer:
- May God move upon our Supreme Court and our federal and state courts urgently to repent of and reverse the pro-abortion rulings past courts have delivered.
- May President Trump continue to nominate solidly pro-life justices to the U.S. Supreme Court and similarly lifetime pro-life judges to the Federal Courts.
- May governors follow suit and appoint pro-life justices to their state Supreme Courts and pro-life judges to the lower courts.
- May God move upon the spirits of all Americans to reevaluate their views about abortion. May those who identify as pro-life multiply until American culture has become a culture of life and not death.
- May President Trump and Congress work together quickly to defund Planned Parenthood and expand and make permanent the Hyde Amendment to prevent any expenditure of taxpayer dollars to fund abortions anywhere.
- May God send us a Biblical multi-generational revival that literally rebuilds our lives, repairs our families, restores a Biblical worldview to our culture, heals our land, and with the sins of our past blotted out by the blood of Jesus, makes us an influence for righteousness in the world until Christ returns!
By Pierre Bynum
Family Research Council
See FRC’s Issue Analysis:
“Filling Justice Scalia’s Seat and Beyond.”