We will press on!
With our Father God, we can repair much of what has been ruined or broken in our relationships. The Word of God tells us we are to press on toward our goal of the upward calling. It begins vertically with our relationship to the Lord Himself and then extends horizontally to those close to us in our lives. Please join us this morning as we study this devotion by Susan Pons and reflect on how we can begin this process.
Isaiah 58:12 (NRSV) Your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; you shall be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in.
Philippians 3:12-14 (NRSV) Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal;but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own… forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
1. Personally, what does it mean to you for God to say that your ancient ruins will be rebuilt?
2. What does it mean to be a “repairer of the breach”, a “restorer”?
3. What are those things you must leave behind in order to press on with God?
4. Will there be a strain in doing this?
5. How will this be worth the strain it is going to take?