Do we find peace in the Teachings of Jesus the Messiah?
The Apostle Paul alerts us that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. He says that against such things there is no law. | Galatians 5:22
- God’s ultimate provision of peace is discovered in the person and work of Jesus the Messiah. It is only through the Messiah that peace with God can be achieved and maintained.
- There are times I am clearly not at peace. I am not at peace with myself and I am not at peace with God or Jesus. Something is wrong. I may or may not know it but it becomes evident in my anxiety and worry. I am not convinced, at that point in time, that God is good and has my best interest at heart.
- It starts with faith. I need to get clear with my faith in Jesus. When peace leaves me, I need to get back to the real issue. I don’t have faith, I don’t believe who Jesus is and what He accomplished. Lack of peace comes from ignoring the core issue of unbelief. God is good. God sent His son to make me right with God. God did it out of love for me. Now that is some good news!
What does the teachings of Jesus tell us about peace? In Romans 12:18, Paul exhorts, “If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.” What a perfect example of my role in the fruit of the Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23. I am to submit my will to God’s leading and my actions to God’s Word, but the actual results are up to Him.
Only God can create peace through the work of the Holy Spirit. Especially the peace mentioned in Galatians 5—the peace of a harmonious relationship with God.
- Acts 10:36 (NASB) — The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus the Messiah (He is Master of all).
- John 16:33 (NASB) — “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
- John 14:23–27 (NASB) — Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me. These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”
- John 15:3 (NASB) — “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.”
Backlot BBQ & Movie
Come join us for our Backlot Barbecue Event at the Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts on October 5, 2019. Learn more here.
Your ticket includes a delicious BBQ sandwich meal, a donut roast over an open fire, fun and games. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to enjoy DreamWorks “Madagascar” under the stars. All proceeds go to missions around the world.
DATES / TIMES:
Saturday, October 5, 2019
6:30pm – 8pm: Food, Games & Donut Roast
8pm: Outdoor movie featuring DreamWorks “Madagascar”
*BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR*
Learn more here.