What is God’s goal? Is it to live with His people?
God has goals in mind. He will accomplish them.
When we miss God’s goal, that is known as sin. I miss God’s goal. I am a sinner. That much should be clear but if it isn’t, it is a starting point.
Jesus the Messiah’s basic aim was to do his Father’s will. As slaves of Jesus, we have the same objective, which Jesus the Messiah and the Holy Spirit enable us to achieve.
We can’t do it on our own. We can do it with the power of the Holy Spirit.
Now that is some VERY good news.
God’s goals — To live with his people. God is with me. Jesus is with me. That is clear.
- John 14:23 (NASB) — Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.”
- Leviticus 26:11–12 (NASB) — ‘Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.
- Psalm 23:6 (NASB) — Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Master forever.
- Zechariah 2:10 (NASB) — “Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” declares the Lord.
- Revelation 21:3 (NASB) — And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them.
Be a part of a summer internship that won’t just challenge you – it will change you! Learn more here.
Our Summer Internship Program calls forth young adults ages 18-26 who have a passion to serve Christ and a desire to be trained practically for life, leadership, and future ministry through intense, life-on-life discipleship. During these fast-paced weeks, interns will discover more about who they are and what it means to be a fully committed follower of Jesus.
“The extra mile challenge was one of the craziest things I have ever done! Sleeping in a cave 2 miles into the earth was something I will never forget. The course was tough but really lead me closer to the Lord and built some maturity into my life.”
2016 Internship Participant
Interns live on the premises and help staff the summer’s programs, conferences, and events. Daily duties can include anything from helping the staff take care of the grounds, gardens, and facilities to preparing meals and helping put together activities for youth and teens. In between times of service, interns will also get to enjoy activities designed to build character through spiritual, mental, emotional and physical challenges. The relationships and rewards of the summer internship last for a lifetime.
Room, board, and the Extra Mile Challenge are all included free of cost – so all you have to do is get here and be ready to give your all!
Learn more here.