What is faithfulness? Is it seen to God as marital fidelity?
Faithfulness is the proper response to God by his covenant people; seen in a steadfast commitment which reflects God’s own faithfulness to the covenant. Encouraged in all believers, it is especially important in leaders.
We are called to be faithful and trustworthy. I am challenged by this some days. When I think about it and focus on it, I execute God’s goal. Some days, like a sheep, I wander off.
We must be thankful for the good Shepherd who finds us and brings us back home. The good news is that God is always faithful. That is just the way He is. He has always been patient, waiting for us to come back to Jesus and follow Him.
God is good! God is in a good mood. God will see us through to the end. Our job is to be faithful.
Since being faithful is a fruit, we know that fruit isn’t ripe to begin with. In fact, fruit starts as a seed, grows into a tree, blossoms, starts out small and then slowly ripens. Serving Jesus leads to faithfulness. It starts small and grows. We must start with small things to get trusted with more.
Faithfulness to God seen as marital fidelity Faithfulness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. [Galatians 5:22 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.]
- Ephesians 5:22–25 (NASB) — The Messiah also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. The church is subject to the Messiah. Husbands, love your wives, just as the Messiah also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.
- Hosea 2:20 (NASB) — And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord.
- Isaiah 54:5 (NASB) — “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the Lord of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.
Without faithfulness to God there can be no discipleship life. Following Jesus is based first on faith that God is, and then that through the Messiah Jesus we are forgiven and saved. Our faithfulness is a commitment to adhere to the One God who is true and supreme and to keep His commandments.
- Jeremiah 2:2 (NASB) — “Go and proclaim in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord, “I remember concerning you the devotion of your youth, The love of your betrothals, Your following after Me in the wilderness, Through a land not sown.
- Ezekiel 16:8 (NASB) — “Then I passed by you and saw you, and behold, you were at the time for love; so I spread My skirt over you and covered your nakedness. I also swore to you and entered into a covenant with you so that you became Mine,” declares the Lord God.
- Ephesians 1:1 (NASB) — Paul, an apostle of the Messiah Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are at Ephesus and who are faithful in the Messiah Jesus:
Cal’s Creative Corner
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
We are honored that Cal Huge is selling his photos to exclusively benefit the Christian Training Center International.
Take a visit to his Etsy store. A portion of the proceeds of each sale goes to the Christian Training Center International. The listings are only a small portion of the photos available and more will be added each week. If you have a specific request for scripture on any print or a particular subject that isn’t shown, email Cal through Etsy.
Learn more here.