What is patience? How can we learn it from Jesus?
Jesus the Messiah’s life was lived under the shadow of the cross. He was concerned that people should understand his ministry and so he exercised great patience, being directed by the Father in the priorities and timing of his work. We need to understand God’s timing and be patient.
Jesus teaches us the Way. We are His disciples (learners)
So Jesus said to them, “My time is not yet here, but your time is always opportune.” | John 7:6 (NASB)
Jesus knew why God had sent him into the world. Jesus was going to complete every task that God had given Him to accomplish. There was an hour where that became real. Jesus is very patient.
Jesus the Messiah supremely displays God’s patient character in his work of salvation. The patience of Jesus the Messiah is seen in his relationships with people and in his perseverance through trial and suffering to death.
That is the way of Jesus. Patience leads to salvation. With God, timing is everything.
- As a disciple and slave of the Messiah I am called to demonstrate patience in all my relationships and circumstances. Jesus has shown me His mercy. I must show patience to all I have a relationship with as well.
- John 7:6 (NASB) — So Jesus said to them, “My time is not yet here, but your time is always opportune.”
- John 7:30 (NASB) — So they were seeking to seize Him; and no man laid his hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come.
- John 12:23 (NASB) — And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.”
- John 13:1 (NASB) — Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
- John 16:32 (NASB) — “Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.
- John 17:1 (NASB) — Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You.”
Cal’s Creative Corner
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
We are honored that Cal Huge is selling his photos to exclusively benefit the Christian Training Center International.
Take a visit to his Etsy store. A portion of the proceeds of each sale goes to the Christian Training Center International. The listings are only a small portion of the photos available and more will be added each week. If you have a specific request for scripture on any print or a particular subject that isn’t shown, email Cal through Etsy.
Learn more here.