What is our responsibility to the foolish?
Scripture portrays fools as those who have rejected God and his ways and are unable or unwilling to appreciate the wisdom of knowing and obeying him. A great example is “A fool has said in his heart, there is no God.”
So what to do? Argue with atheists? Have wonderful debates over theology and dogma?
Not hardly. They can be waste of our time. They can be waste of our words. Jesus warned us to not cast our pearls before swine. Yet, we are to give a defense of the hope we have to all those who ask. Answers deserve to be given. We are to be gentle and respectful. We sow the seed and then move on if we need to.
Escape quickly from the company of fools; they’re a waste of your time, a waste of your words.| Proverbs 14:7
Here are some more thoughts to ponder. Are we to avoid and refuse to have anything to do with such foolish thinking? I guess that would save me some time studying apologetics! 🙂
The suggestion from Solomon is to move on quickly. Here are some other thoughts.
- 1 Timothy 6:4 (NASB) — 4 he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions,
- 2 Timothy 2:23 (NASB) — 23 But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
- Titus 3:9 (NASB) — 9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
Social Media Ambassadors
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Please help the Christian Training Center share Jesus with the world!
The Christian Training Center is looking for individuals to serve as social media ambassadors. This is a vital volunteer position for us.
What does it involve? Here is a menu of opportunities. No one is expected to do them all.
our content on https://ctcilife.org/
- Like the articles
- Comment on the articles (these can be very short)
- Ask friends to help
the articles on your social media accounts
- Follow our social media accounts and like/comment on posts
That is it. It won’t take much of your time but it will make a huge difference to our ministry as we spread the good news of Jesus. We’ll keep you up to date by email with tips and suggestions.
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.