What is the priority of our kids’ salvation?
Here is some great insight from our good friends at The Domain for Truth.
Establish the need: What is your greatest priority for your kids? What do you desire the most for your kids? Is it for them to have a good job, take care of you when you are older, contribute to society or be independent? These are not wrong in of themselves, but what should your greatest priority for your kids should be?
Purpose: Today we will see seven reasons why we should set the priority of desiring our children’s’ salvation in how we parent our children.
- Hell is a real place for sinners (Matthew 10:28, Matthew 13:50)
- We should already desire all people to come to Christ (1 Timothy 2:4, Romans 9:3, Romans 11:14)
- All parents should desire what’s best for their kids (Matthew 7:11; Proverbs 13:22)
- Jesus does not want us to hinder children coming to Him (Matthew 19:14)
- Stumbling little kids is a serious penalty (Matthew 18:6)
- It is so important believers are called to continue to be married to unbelievers for the sake of children’s salvation (1 Corinthians 7:12-14)
- God wants kids to even silence the mockers (Psalm 8:2, Matthew 21:15-16)
Read the article here: Parenting: The Priority of Desiring our Kids’ Salvation
History of the Christian Training Center
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
In the early 1970’s, Jay and Sally Fesperman had a vision to open a retreat center for businessmen. It was from this desire that they founded the Inn of Last Resort. In the simplest of words – “Life is Relationships” – Jay Fesperman defined the heart of the ministry. Since its inception, “The Inn” has been involved in training and giving counsel to numerous families, pastors and lay people. The “Inn of the Last Resort” aptly alludes to the condition of many people who have found their way to this sanctuary in the rural Smoky Mountains. As word of the ministry spread, our name was revised to Christian Training Center International. Learn more here.
In 1980, Larry and Susan Pons joined the Fespermans in the ministry. Before Jay’s passing in 1992, CTCI had grown to be more global in its influence. Expansion of the ministry’s impact began to reach overseas and has subsequently brought scores of fellow Christians here for training and renewal. During its existence, over 70,000 people from more than 60 nations have come through the doors seeking a deeper reality of God in their lives.
Our prayer and focus has remained the same for years. First, that Jesus be Lord over all, through all and in all. Secondly that healthy, Godly relationships will always be the driving force of this ministry. This is the heartbeat of the ministry that the Lord has given us, and it is one we trust the Lord will continue to lead us in until He returns. Learn more here.