Will some Christians end up in hell?
Jesus has some goals in mind for us. Jesus is clear what they are. Jesus warns us that there will be eternal consequences to not achieving them. Jesus is clear about “why”.
Notice that the goats here are believers. They call Jesus Master. These are not Godless infidels who reject God and Jesus.
Jesus is serious!
“Then he will turn to the ‘goats,’ the ones on his left, and say, ‘Get out, worthless goats! You’re good for nothing but the fires of hell. And why? Because—
I was hungry and you gave me no meal,
I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
I was homeless and you gave me no bed,
I was shivering and you gave me no clothes,
Sick and in prison, and you never visited.’
“Then those ‘goats’ are going to say, ‘Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn’t help?’
“He will answer them, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me—you failed to do it to me.’
“Then those ‘goats’ will be herded to their eternal doom, but the ‘sheep’ to their eternal reward.”
~Jesus — Source: Matthew 25:41-46
Church goers, we need to be concerned. Why?
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. | Matthew 7:21
Jesus is telling us what God’s will is! Jesus wants us to have a heart of compassion for the hungry, thirsty, homeless, those with no clothes, the sick and those in prison. It is compassion in action.
- 1 John 3:17 (NASB) — But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
- Isaiah 58:6–7 (NASB) — “Is this not the fast which I choose, To loosen the bonds of wickedness, To undo the bands of the yoke, And to let the oppressed go free And break every yoke? Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
- Matthew 10:42 (NASB) — “And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.”
- Matthew 25:35–36 (NASB) — 35 ‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
- Acts 20:35 (NASB) — 35 “In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
We are faced with clear directions from our Master Jesus.
- What will I do?
- Will obey my Master and King?
- Will I give up my selfish and obstinate ways?
“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”~Jesus | John 3:36
Our Mission & Vision
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. Programs share a sequential vision, building an understanding of relationships and family culture. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus. This encounter is the means for both insight and vision. Encountering Jesus leads a radical change in living and relationships
Our Vision is to see generations of leaders victoriously modeling Jesus in their families and communities.
Our Mission is training believers to live a victorious life through biblical Truth, experiential discipleship, and family relationships.
2) Personal Holiness
Learn more here.
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.