Will we listen to Jesus?
God has a goal for me. It is a job I must take seriously. Will I?
And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!” | Mark 9:1-7
What does God want from me? Listen to His Son Jesus. It is a simple and straightforward challenge. God didn’t make it complicated for me. I can understand what God said as it is one sentence. Just three short words. Listen to Jesus!
Why? Jesus is God’s Son. God loves His Son and has put Him in charge. Jesus has lots to say but He summarized it for me. Love God and love everyone else I know and meet.
Some questions to think about around listening:
- Do I hear? Am I distracted and don’t actually hear Jesus?
- Do I understand and comprehend?
- Do I follow through and act on what I have heard?
- Do I come back for more? Do I dig deeper?
Jesus wants me to be a good and faithful servant. My mission is to do what Jesus wants me to do, today and every day. Listening involves doing. Loving my neighbor involves action.
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” John 10:27 (NASB)
- After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, “Hear and understand.” Matthew 15:10 (NASB)
- “The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.” Luke 10:16 (NASB)
- She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. Luke 10:39 (NASB)
- “All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.” John 10:8 (NASB)
- “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.” John 10:16 (NASB)
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
The most effective way to learn a foreign language is through immersion. In complete immersion, students spend all their time hearing and speaking a new. The goal is to become not only a proficient speaker, but to acquire an appreciation and understanding of a new culture. This approach describes the training and experiential discipleship process at the Christian Training Center.
How do we make an impact?
- We give a college age students (summer) a residential position as an intern. It is open to Christian candidates who want to deepen and develop their faith while experiencing the demands of day-to-day ministry. These individuals help serve and mentor during our summer programs.
- We help impact college students during Heroes Semester. It is a 10-week semester program. This program is focused on personal and spiritual development for young adults. While immersed in a way of life that emphasizes the Word of God, prayer, relationships, family, servanthood and personal discipline, young adults are renewed, trained, and challenged to walk with God in a deeper way.
- We help impact teens through Heroes of Today Week long summer program Teens learn new life skills and they will discover more about their identity in Jesus and what it means to live as one of God’s Heroes of today.
- Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Your gift will help bring healing and restoration to families all around the world.
Learn more here.
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.
Κύριε Ἰησοῦ Χριστέ, Υἱέ τοῦ Θεοῦ, ἐλέησόν με τὸν ἁμαρτωλόν
Translation: Master Jesus the Messiah, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.