Why should we stand up straight and take the truth from Jesus?
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?”
Source: John 8:31-33 NASB
There is a special arrogance that believes I am not enslaved … to anyone. It is special because it is flat out wrong. It is a lie and it comes from the evil one.
I need to stand up straight and take the truth. Jesus is the truth and the truth of Jesus is absolute. Truth has a spine. Truth gets me in trouble. Truth may get me killed. Jesus stared in the face of evil and defeated it. Jesus defeated it for me. That is the truth.
I need to stand up, wash my face and greet the day with Jesus. I must continue in the word of Jesus. I must be disciplined and be a disciple. I must not wimp out. I must abandon my snowflake ways.
Jesus is the truth. I must know Jesus. Jesus will give me a spine and set me free. I will be free from a relative life to an absolute life of love and kindness.
In truth, Jesus warns me that I am going to suffer. In spite of my suffering, the truth is that I should be grateful. God is good and in a good mood. The truth is that the suffering is for my own good. I am challenged by Jesus to drink it in. I am challenged by Jesus to love the suffering. Seriously? Yes, seriously.
The evil one has come to harass and bully me. Jesus whispers in my ear that I don’t have to take, not at all. That is the absolute truth. If I wimp out, I will not be happy.
Responsibility has been abdicated by way too many followers of Jesus. That is where Jesus lets me know that there is an opportunity lurking. The opportunity is the absolute truth. The opportunity is persistence. The opportunity is to get up again tomorrow and fight the good fight for absolute truth.
Some days I wake up in a sweat. I am afraid the fear won’t go away. I am reminded, by the Apostle John, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.”
More from Jesus on truth
- John 3:21 “But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”
- John 4:23 “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.”
- John 8:44 “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”
- John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
- John 18:37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
Our Mission & Vision
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. Programs share a sequential vision, building an understanding of relationships and family culture. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus. This encounter is the means for both insight and vision. Encountering Jesus leads a radical change in living and relationships
Our Vision is to see generations of leaders victoriously modeling Jesus in their families and communities.
Our Mission is training believers to live a victorious life through biblical Truth, experiential discipleship, and family relationships.
2) Personal Holiness
Learn more here.
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.