Is our faith on cruise control?
I shouldn’t let my faith go on cruise control. The Apostle Paul urges disciples of Jesus to examine themselves. I need to be critical of how I am doing in my walk with Jesus. I need others to help me.
Is it possible to start strong and end weak?
Is it just about the beginning?
What if I run out of energy and can’t finish the race?
Do I think that going to church once a week and occasionally reading the bible is enough?
Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus the Messiah is in you — unless indeed you fail the test?2 Corinthians 13:5
- My job is to test myself. Is Jesus in me?
- I can fail. I can not be ready. No one else can do this for me. It is my job.
- It isn’t acceptable to just keep moving on and winging it when it comes to my faith.
David was big on considering what was in his heart. He had a heart after God but didn’t take it for granted.
Jesus had harsh words for hypocrites. “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.”
- Am I just acting like God is real in my life?
- Do I really believe Jesus?
- Or am I a hypocrite.
Paul suggests to:
Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.1 Timothy 4:16
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Monthly giving is an important way to support our mission. The most effective way to learn a foreign language is through immersion. In complete immersion, students spend all their time hearing and speaking a new language in a sequential and cumulative format. The goal is to become not only a proficient speaker, but to acquire an appreciation and understanding of a new culture. This approach describes the training process at the Christian Training Center. Make your gift here.
How will your monthly gift make an impact?
- Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Your gift will help bring healing and restoration to families all around the world.
- Your gift will help impact college students during Heroes Semester is a 10-week semester program. This program is focused on personal and spiritual development for young adults. While immersed in a way of life that emphasizes the Word of God, prayer, relationships, family, servanthood and personal discipline, you will be renewed, trained, and challenged to walk with God in a deeper way.
- Your gift will help impact teens through Heroes of Today Week long summer program Teens learn new life skills and they will discover more about their identity in Christ and what it means to live as one of God’s Heroes of today.
- Your gift will give a college age student (summer) a residential position. It is open to Christian candidates who want to deepen and develop their faith while experiencing the demands of day-to-day ministry. These individuals help serve and mentor during our summer programs.
Make your gift here.