Where does faith come from?
I really don’t have an excuse for not having more faith. I have heard Jesus clearly. That is the first step. I have to listen and hear Jesus.
Paul rightly lets me know it is about obeying the message of the good news. That is the difference. Do I need to hear more or do more? I need to do more.
I need to submit to my Master Jesus and love like He commands me to do. Obeying Jesus leads to more faith.
But they have not all obeyed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Master, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of the Messiah. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have. | Romans 10:16-18
There is much to be said about faith. So … I start with God. God is the object of my faith. I start with belief in Him. My faith gets tested some days. God is patient with me, waiting for me to work out my faith.
My faith needs to grow. Like the man who came to Jesus looking for a miracle, I say “I do believe; help my unbelief.” (Mark 9:24)
I want radical faith in my life. May it rain down on you and me. May we bath in it to the stunning beauty of our Master Jesus. Now that is a good word!
Perhaps the strongest statement emphasizing faith comes during the risen Jesus’ encounter with the so-called “doubting Thomas,” where Jesus says, “Happy are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe” (John 20:29). While Jesus performed visible signs during His ministry for others to see and believe, such signs could be abused and misunderstood. In John, Jesus praises the kind of unseeing faith that believes Jesus is the crucified and risen Messiah and Master who alone saves.
- Hebrews 11:6 — And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
- Psalm 25:1–2 — To You, O Master, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I trust, Do not let me be ashamed; Do not let my enemies exult over me.
- Psalm 26:1 — Vindicate me, O Master, for I have walked in my integrity, And I have trusted in the Master without wavering.
- Proverbs 29:25 — The fear of man brings a snare, But he who trusts in the Master will be exalted.
- 1 Peter 1:21 — who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
- Romans 10:16-18 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of the Messiah. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have.
There is power in prayer. At the Christian Training Center International, we see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Leadership the Jesus: A Faith at work series — Looking how to focus your faith at work? | This series of leadership programs focuses on leadership skills that drive the purpose and passion for work as laid out by Jesus and based on sound scripture. We might see faith and work as estranged. It can be frustrating. But, in truth, faith and work should share a crucial aim: to see the unseen at work through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing new has been made without faith in God. Nothing unseen has been seen without work. When the force of what we do hits why we do it, we wither, or we flourish. Learn more here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus that leads to a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. Learn more about our programs here.
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. Learn more here. Check out our new online version “Marriage and Family the Jesus Way” here..
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.