Is there encouragement for those facing temptation?
I struggle with temptation. I know all followers of our Master Jesus do. I start with the good news that we are more than conquerors. Jesus gives us the power of His Holy Spirit.
Nelson’s Bible Dictionary defines temptation as “an enticement or invitation to sin, with the implied promise of greater good to be derived from following the way of disobedience.” Resisting temptation begins with knowing that Satan is the supreme “tempter” who has been tempting mankind since our Creator placed His first two children in the Garden of Eden.
Ultimately, however, we know that satan’s power over the disciples has been effectively destroyed as the war has already been won through our Savior’s death and resurrection which conquered the power of sin and death forever.
Nonetheless, satan still prowls the earth looking to drive a wedge between God and His children, and his temptations are unfortunately a daily part of our lives.
There is good news. With the power of the Holy Spirit and the truth of God’s Word to help us, we will find ourselves effectively resisting temptations.
Jesus gives us the power to conquer. We are “more than conquerors,” literally, “we are super-conquerors” through Jesus the Messiah! He gives us victory and more victory! We need not fear life or death, things present or things to come, because Jesus loves us and gives us the victory.
This is not a promise with conditions attached: “If you do this, God will do that.” This security in Jesus is an established fact, and we claim it for ourselves because we are in the Messiah. Nothing can separate us from His love! Believe it — and rejoice in it!
- James 1:12 —Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him.
- Romans 8:37 —But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
- Hebrews 2:18 —For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.
- Hebrews 4:15–16 —For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- James 1:2–3 —Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
- 1 John 4:4 —You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
There is power in prayer. At the Christian Training Center International, we see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Leadership the Jesus: A Faith at work series — Looking how to focus your faith at work? | This series of leadership programs focuses on leadership skills that drive the purpose and passion for work as laid out by Jesus and based on sound scripture. We might see faith and work as estranged. It can be frustrating. But, in truth, faith and work should share a crucial aim: to see the unseen at work through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing new has been made without faith in God. Nothing unseen has been seen without work. When the force of what we do hits why we do it, we wither, or we flourish. Learn more here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus that leads to a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. Learn more about our programs here.
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. Learn more here. Check out our new online version “Marriage and Family the Jesus Way” here..
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.