What are reasons for God’s people to know joy?
There is a whole lot of joy in knowing Jesus. God is good and always in a good mood. So how many reasons do we have to do a big shout out for Jesus?
Consider this small sampling. It is stunning in the breadth of its scope.
Our God is a God of hope. God will fill us with joy. We will know peace. That all comes from believing in Jesus. We have power because of the Spirit of God. Now that is a good word!
- Romans 15:13 — 13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- 1 Samuel 2:1 — 1 Then Hannah prayed and said, “My heart exults in the Master; My horn is exalted in the Master, My mouth speaks boldly against my enemies, Because I rejoice in Your salvation.
- 2 Chronicles 6:41 — 41 “Now therefore arise, O Master God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your might; let Your priests, O Master God, be clothed with salvation and let Your godly ones rejoice in what is good.
- Job 22:22–26 — 22 “Please receive instruction from His mouth And establish His words in your heart. 23 “If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored; If you remove unrighteousness far from your tent, 24 And place your gold in the dust, And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks, 25 Then the Almighty will be your gold And choice silver to you. 26 “For then you will delight in the Almighty And lift up your face to God.
- Psalm 19:8 — 8 The precepts of the Master are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Master is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- Psalm 94:19 — 19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.
- Psalm 122:1 — 1 I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Master.”
- Isaiah 25:9 — 9 And it will be said in that day, “Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the Master for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”
- Isaiah 58:13–14 — 13 “If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot From doing your own pleasure on My holy day, And call the sabbath a delight, the holy day of the Master honorable, And honor it, desisting from your own ways, From seeking your own pleasure And speaking your own word, 14 Then you will take delight in the Master, And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, For the mouth of the Master has spoken.”
- Jeremiah 15:16 — 16 Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O Master God of hosts.
- Jeremiah 31:12 — 12 “They will come and shout for joy on the height of Zion, And they will be radiant over the bounty of the Master— Over the grain and the new wine and the oil, And over the young of the flock and the herd; And their life will be like a watered garden, And they will never languish again.
- Luke 1:46–49 — 46 And Mary said: “My soul exalts the Master, 47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. 48 “For He has had regard for the humble state of His slave; For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed. 49 “For the Mighty One has done great things for me; And holy is His name.
There is power in prayer. At the Christian Training Center International, we see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Leadership the Jesus: A Faith at work series — Looking how to focus your faith at work? | This series of leadership programs focuses on leadership skills that drive the purpose and passion for work as laid out by Jesus and based on sound scripture. We might see faith and work as estranged. It can be frustrating. But, in truth, faith and work should share a crucial aim: to see the unseen at work through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing new has been made without faith in God. Nothing unseen has been seen without work. When the force of what we do hits why we do it, we wither, or we flourish. Learn more here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus that leads to a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. Learn more about our programs here.
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. Learn more here. Check out our new online version “Marriage and Family the Jesus Way” here..
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.