Is joy experienced through conversion?
When we accept Jesus as our Master and commit to be a disciple, we are ecstatic. Joy is ours beyond belief. Jesus has paid the price we owe for missing God’s goals. We have been redeemed. Amazing! I am doing a happy dance.
The word atonement means “reconciliation, brought back into fellowship with God.” The term is mentioned also in Romans 5:10. In Romans 1:18–32, Paul explained how men declared war on God and, because of this, deserved to be condemned eternally.
But God did not declare war on man. Instead, He sent His Son as the Peacemaker that men might be reconciled to God. That is good news and brings joy to our souls.
A review of our blessings of justification shows how certain our salvation is in Jesus. Totally apart from Law, and purely by grace, we have a salvation that takes care of the past, the present, and the future.
Jesus died for us; the Messiah lives for us; the Messiah is coming for us!
Hallelujah, what a Savior!
- Acts 16:33–34 — 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. 34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.
- Acts 8:38–39 — 38 And he ordered the chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Master snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him but went on his way rejoicing.
- Romans 5:11 — 11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Master Jesus the Messiah, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
- Romans 11:15 – For if their rejection brings reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 – 20 Everything is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation. 19 That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and he has committed the message of reconciliation to us. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf: “Be reconciled to God.”
Joy is a positive human condition that can be either feeling or action. The Bible uses joy in both senses.
The Greek word in Romans 5:11 is καυχάομαι kauchaŏmai, kŏw-khah´-om-ahee. It means to boast and to vaunt (in a good or a bad sense). Also glory, joy, or rejoice.
There is power in prayer. At the Christian Training Center International, we see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Leadership the Jesus: A Faith at work series — Looking how to focus your faith at work? | This series of leadership programs focuses on leadership skills that drive the purpose and passion for work as laid out by Jesus and based on sound scripture. We might see faith and work as estranged. It can be frustrating. But, in truth, faith and work should share a crucial aim: to see the unseen at work through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing new has been made without faith in God. Nothing unseen has been seen without work. When the force of what we do hits why we do it, we wither, or we flourish. Learn more here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus that leads to a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. Learn more about our programs here.
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. Learn more here. Check out our new online version “Marriage and Family the Jesus Way” here..
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.