Is it rare to find true faithfulness?
Jesus challenges me to be faithful. Loyalty and commitment within human relationships is important in the life of God’s people.
It is seen particularly in fidelity within marriage, fulfilling family obligations, honoring vows, dutiful service and trustworthy speech and conduct.
Justice, mercy, and faithfulness are the important qualities God is seeking. Obeying the rules is no substitute.
While it is good to pay attention to details, we must never lose our sense of priorities in spiritual matters. Jesus did not condemn the practice of tithing. But He did condemn those who allowed their legalistic scruples to keep them from developing true Christian character.
I think there is also a level of persistence in faithfulness. Consider this from Paul: “Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.” Romans 12:12
Or this again from Paul: “He will repay each one according to his works: eternal life to those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality; but wrath and anger to those who are self-seeking and disobey the truth while obeying unrighteousness. Romans 2:6-9
- Matthew 23:23 — 23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.
- Proverbs 20:6 — 6 Many a man proclaims his own loyalty, But who can find a trustworthy man?
- Psalm 12:1–2 — 1 Help, Master, for the godly man ceases to be, For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men. 2 They speak falsehood to one another; With flattering lips and with a double heart they speak.
- Isaiah 57:1 — 1 The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from evil,
- Jeremiah 17:9 — 9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
There is power in prayer. At the Christian Training Center International, we see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Leadership the Jesus: A Faith at work series — Looking how to focus your faith at work? | This series of leadership programs focuses on leadership skills that drive the purpose and passion for work as laid out by Jesus and based on sound scripture. We might see faith and work as estranged. It can be frustrating. But, in truth, faith and work should share a crucial aim: to see the unseen at work through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing new has been made without faith in God. Nothing unseen has been seen without work. When the force of what we do hits why we do it, we wither, or we flourish. Learn more here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus that leads to a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. Learn more about our programs here.
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. Learn more here. Check out our new online version “Marriage and Family the Jesus Way” here..
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.