Real. Life. Training.
CTCI’s Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” discipleship experience like no other! Emphasizing the biblical truths of relationships, family, servanthood, and personal discipline, young men and women are challenged to live a faith that reaches beyond the four walls of the church and affects everyday life.
A set apart season to lay a strong foundation in Jesus Christ
The Heroes Semester Program is designed to equip college age young people with the training and discipline essential to become useful servants of Jesus Christ. We’ll spend 10 active weeks together studying, serving, growing – learning what it means to be His disciples.
During a semester program, you will have the opportunity to step into the beautiful mountain setting of Western North Carolina to focus solely on strengthening your walk with Jesus, learning to be led by the Holy Spirit, and building the disciplines of a God-honoring lifestyle.
This is a physically active program that takes full advantage of the nearby Appalachian Trail and the numerous rivers, mountains, and forests in the area to create challenges for the heart, mind, and body for the purpose of personal and spiritual breakthrough.
What you will gain from a Heroes Semester...
In developing this program, it has been our earnest prayer that those participating would allow the Lord to shine a light in their lives, exposing those things that won’t conform to His will. Not only will you grow spiritually, but also physically and relationally!
- Grow in spiritual & practical disciplines
- Learn & develop new life skills
- Discover gifts, passions, and calling
- Gain a biblical and relevant understanding of worldview, culture, heritage, and family
- Discover God’s redemptive purpose in the world & find where you fit in that purpose
- Build lifelong tools to study God’s Word
- Learn to hear & discern His voice
- Overcome habits and struggles that have been hindering abundant life
- Conquer fears as you are challenged to step out of your comfort zone
Curriculum Topics Include:
Character & Nature of God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit
Inductive Bible Study & Other Bible Study Tools
Shaping History through Prayer and Fasting
Worldview, Culture, and Media
God’s Plan for Family & Relationships
Decision Making / Choices
Honoring God with our Finances / Financial Responsibility
Leadership, Integrity, Honor, Excellence
Conflict Resolution & Forgiveness
Living as a Woman/Man of God
Rights & Responsibility
Possible Activities Include…
- Camping, hiking, and backpacking
- High ropes course & team building activities
- Whitewater rafting (conditions permitting)
- Snow skiing (conditions permitting)
- Sports and recreation on & off campus
- Community service projects
- Ministry outreach
- Daily classes & bible study
- Intercessory prayer and worship
- Fellowship times on & off campus
- Work/service projects
$3200.00 (for 10-weeks) covers all of your:
Lodging on campus & all meals
Sessions / Teachings / Books & Study Materials
Ministry Trips / Adventures
Work Projects & Outreaches
(Scholarships can be made available on an as-needed basis. Contact Erica Wilson for more information on financial assistance (828) 634-7851 or email@example.com)
What Our Students Say…
This program was a life-changing experience for me. For several weeks, I learned how to serve, and through it all, I saw Christ’s face. I don’t think I’ve ever felt God’s presence more in my life than during than during this time. These programs challenged me physically, mentally, emotionally, & spiritually to not only become a stronger Christian, but to be a stronger person in today’s world.
I grew up in a strong Christian home and could tell you anything you would want to know about God, but felt alone and empty. Inside I was screaming at the top of my lungs, but no one could hear me. It was difficult to reach me with truth because I was calloused to words about Jesus – I had heard it all. It decided to give CTCI a try. Despite feeling deaf and blind to God, I began to let down my walls. I found myself in an environment where I could stop acting and feel loved.