Of course it could be better. What are you going to do about it?
Here is a good take on asking the right question from Seth Godin. Seth Godin is an Author, Entrepreneur and Most of All, A teacherSeth is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker. In addition to launching one of the most popular blogs in the world, he has written 18 best-selling books, including The Dip, Linchpin, Purple Cow, Tribes, and What To Do When It’s Your Turn (And It’s Always Your Turn). Though renowned for his writing and speaking, Seth also founded two companies, Squidoo and Yoyodyne (acquired by Yahoo!).
Of course it could be better. That’s not the question, not really.
The question is, “what are you going to do about it?”
And, to follow up, “what effort are you willing to put in to make it better?”
If you’re not willing to make it better, it’s probably going to stay the way it is.
The first day of summer is right around the corner (or winter, if you live in the other hemisphere).
The changing of seasons is as good a time as any to say, “now, I’m going to make it better.”
The key word isn’t ‘better’. The key words are now and I.
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. Programs share a sequential vision, building an understanding of relationships and family culture. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus. This encounter is the means for both insight and vision. Encountering Jesus leads a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | — Sept 2 – Nov 9, 2019 | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. ow.ly/Nhag30oRYRK
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program — Oct 20 – Nov 2 | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. http://ow.ly/l5SU30oS5pQ
Thank you for joining us as we seek to better understand some of the things going on in our lives and nation today. This is an in-depth study written by Susan Pons. As you read, please ask the Holy Spirit to give you ears to truly hear and understand this important message.
“Behold, I will send you Eli′jah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse.” (Malachi 4:5-6 RSV)
This is the perfect Scripture to begin with in order for each of us to perhaps face the happening that a curse has been released across our land and the reasons for its release.As a culture, the hearts of the fathers are not being turned toward their children.This makes it almost impossible for the hearts of the children to be turned to their fathers. Malachi declares the consequence of the sinful divide between fathers and children… ‘lest I come and smite the land with a curse’. Amazing as it is, this is the final warning of the Old Testament.
When a curse comes upon a nation, it covers the nation except for those people who recognize its debilitating force.
What happens when enemies enter our land?
Exodus 34:10 (The Message) says“And God said, As of right now, I’m making a covenant with you: In full sight of your people I will work wonders that have never been created in all the Earth, in any nation. Then all the people with whom you’re living will see how tremendous God’s work is, the work I’ll do for you. Take careful note of all I command you today. I’m clearing your way by driving out Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. Stay vigilant. Don’t let down your guard lest you make covenant with the people who live in the land that you are entering and they trip you up”.
Who were these enemies that had entered the land of Israel? Let’s define them and compare them to our America in today’s world.
- Hittites – literally translated means, sons of terror”; and as we know the word terror refers to an extreme manifestation of fear. The Hittite spirit will bring intimidation and fear and discouragement. In Numbers 21:1-4, King Arad heard that Israel was coming. He fought against Israel and took captives. Israel made a vow to God and asked for His help. God accepted the vow, and Israel with God’s help, won the battle… but the Hittite spirit did its damage.
“And the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way” (Num 21:4 KJV).
The Hittite spirit had done its job causing Israel to become fearful.
In America today, it may do us well to recognize the Hittite spirit operating in our nation to bring fear to those who disagree with their agenda that goes against the peace and safety of our nation and citizens. School, church, and synagogue shootings; violent shows over our television and movie screens; violent video games; in Chicago 75% of Black homes are fatherless…thus the Hittite spirit is free to operate.
2. Ammorite – the word for Ammonite in Hebrew comes from another Hebrew word, amor,which means to utter, to say (gossip, slander, and evil speaking). This implies that people with Ammonite spirits are people who want their name uttered or mentioned. Ammonites are haughty fame-seekers; seekers of human glory and greatness. Practically all dictators in history are Ammorites. These are people like Saddam Hussein, Fidel Castro, Adolph Hitler, and Joseph Stalin, who like to dominate and control others. Ammorites are again mentioned as people who followed false gods. Cherish was the name of a god they worshipped whose whose name means “destroyer”. The aim of the Ammonite spirit is to stir up discord and division in our mind as it beats us down in spirit.It is aimed at the Christian faith that preaches liberty to the human soul.
Perhaps we can place much of the media into the tribe of the Ammorites.
3. Canaanite – the name Canaanite means trafficker. This is the exact same description given to Satan in Ezekiel 28:13-18. This spirit is behind addictions and sexual impurity. This is why in the Scriptures, Sodom and Gomorrah were said to be Canaanite cities (Genesis 10:19). Jezebel was the daughter of Ethbaal king of Sidon, which means she was Phoenician, who were Canaanites. The Canaanite spirit uses wealth and material gain to bring God’s people into compromise and backsliding.
Sexual trafficking, labor trafficking, and drug trafficking, are all start examples of the Canaanite spirit that has invaded our land.
4. Philistine – The name Philistine means strangers, emigrants, foreigners, forces foreign to the Spirit of God.
A person who is guided by a Philistine agenda is usually disdainful of intellectual or artistic values. Philistine also means a people who are contentedly commonplace in ideas and tastes. They are called Allophyli, (foreigners in the Septuagint). They are spoken of as uncircumcised in the Books of Samuel. Philistines are a people who are lacking in, or hostile, or smugly indifferent to cultural values such as art work, theatre, manners, respect, homes in God’s order, etc. Christian and Godly cultural values are taught and learned in the home. Uncleanness can enter our homes in what we view, read, and the way we speak to each other.
The giant Philistine spirit operating in our nation today is tolerance of the Muslim faith but persecution of the Christian faith.
5. Hivite – Hivite means dwellers in the land.The first time they play an active roll in the Bible is when Shechem the Hivite raped Dinah. The Hivite spirit’s goal is to lure us using illusions, delusions, and sensual pleasures that place the mind and imaginations into a snare.
The word Hivite can mean tent dweller, living a lifestyle that is lived out in the confines of the systems of the world and in conflict with the Kingdom of God. The Hives speak of our conflict with the world and its lifestyles. The prodigal son operated under the Hivite spirit.
Movies, television, the internet, pornography, and sexual abuse (especially with children) are ensconced with the Hivite spirit.
6. Jebusites – Jebusite means thresher. From this we can infer that Jebusite spirits, being threshers, are spirits that tread or stomp on others. People whose hearts are infected by Jebusite spirits tend to be people who do not hesitate to put down and humiliate others. By stomping on people, Jebusites make a concerted effort to prevent them from growing taller. They like to make people feel small, and deliberately put them down anytime they see them trying to establish spiritual authority.
Here again, arrogant politicians, media, Hollywood, and government systems are rampant with the Jebusite spirit.
In our homes we need to make certain that we are not bullies and our children are not growing up to become bullies. We need to learn how to confront this arrogant spirit.
7. Perizzite – Perizzite means unwalled town, city, or village. Ezekiel 38:10-11 says, “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. You [the evil army] will say, ‘I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people – all of them living without walls and without gates and bars’.”
A nation without borders loses its identity. A home without boundaries is a home without an identity. Illegal immigrants and foreign enemies easily enter into our unwalled cities and towns. Many cause violence, harm, and aid in the cultural collapse of America. This is the Perizzite spirit invading our unwalled nation, cities, and our citizens.
This Perizzite spirit can operate in our homes that have become unwalled…homes without fathers…homes that do not give their marriages or children a holy identity to carry with them throughout life.
“Joshua marched up from Gilgal with his entire army, including the best fighting men. The Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you”. The Lord threw them into confusion before Israel, so Joshua and the Israelites defeated them completely at Gibeon” (Joshua 10:7-8).
Perhaps each of us should embrace the challenge that we are included in the fight for our nation. Some examples of ways we can make a difference are calling our representatives, writing letters, posting facts and articles, teaching our children truths about the history of our country, sending funds to those organizations that stand for true American values, or writing editorials to our local newspapers, etc…
“Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you!”(Ephesians 5:14).
There are so many ways that we can truly get involved in the way our nation is run. Even a small effort (which may seem insignificant) will be blessed by our Father who is always looking for righteous people that honor Him. These people are a blessing to Him.
Here at CTCI, we pray for our nation and government daily, weekly and sometimes more often. It’s that important! We believe Godly character is taught and begins in the family. We offer “Train to Reign” programs throughout the year to guide and teach (and many times restore) families, experientially, to know how to honor God and fulfill their God-given role in the family – with love. Everything we teach is based on God’s Truth found in His Holy Word.
If you would like information about our Train to Reign program, or other programs and events we offer throughout the year, please click here, or fill out the form below and we will get back to you promptly. We thank you for your interest in this ministry for our Lord Jesus.