10 Things to be Thankful for This Holiday Season
Here is a great message from Beth Ann Baus. Beth is a wife and homeschooling mom of two boys. She is a writer and blogger who pulls from her own experiences of abuse, anxiety, depression and OCD. Beth has a heart for women struggling with sexual sin and strives to encourage young wives and mothers by pointing them to the grace offered only by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You can read more about her at www.bethannbaus.com.
Every day should be a day of thanks. Instead of thanks-giving, we should consider thanks-living. Our daily life should always be one of thanks to God and the King of glory, His Son Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- Psalm 107:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
- Psalm 7:17 I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
- Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
- Psalm 50:14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High,
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
- Hebrews 13:15 Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
- Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.
- Psalm 116:12 What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?
- Lamentations 3:23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
- Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Psalm 31:19 Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!
- Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
- 2 Corinthians 4:15 For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
- Psalm 95:2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
- Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
- Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
- 2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
- 1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise.Give thanks to him and bless his name. Psalm 100:4 (CSB)
Our mission is to be thankful. How do we do that consistently? Here is a great article from Heather Adams. Heather is an author, speaker, and singer living in Connecticut. Heather’s passion is to equip and encourage believers to seek more of God’s truth and to experience more of His joy each day. Her book, “Bow Down: The Heart of a True Worshipper” is a practical, 30-day devotional about worship.
Scripture calls us to be quick to give thanks to God. Passages like “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful…” (Colossians 4:2) tell us that lifting up praises for what God has done is a necessary part of the believer’s life.
But that’s not always easy to do. In fact, when we find ourselves in challenging life situations, expressing our thanks can actually be a source of struggle. Going through a trial, illness or fatigue, unresolved anger or worried and anxious thoughts are just some of the obstacles that can keep us from the vital habit of showing gratitude.
I’ve certainly gone through dry periods where spending time giving thanks to God wasn’t as high on my priority list as it should have been. Though I knew it was important, I didn’t feel like following through in the moment. But each day I chose not to obey this call, I missed a worship opportunity.
Read the article here: How to Cultivate Thankfulness When You Don’t Feel Very Thankful – Topical Studies
What We Believe
There is power in prayer. We see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. Programs share a sequential vision, building an understanding of relationships and family culture. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus. This encounter is the means for both insight and vision. Encountering Jesus leads a radical change in living and relationships. Learn more here.
We are an inter-denominational ministry, and our desire is for transformation: a genuine change of heart and lifestyle that flows out of an intimate relationship with Jesus.
- Jesus is Lord. We exalt the One True God who made us and gave us the Lord Jesus Christ as our salvation. Our goal is to be a people with a heart for obedience to Christ in all things. His work made it possible for us to live – eternally and now – as children of God. Jesus made it possible for us to be rightly related to the Father and to one another. His desire is for us to succeed. We believe a right relationship with Him is the first and most important step.
- The Bible is True. God’s Word is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12-13), which we take into our minds and spirits and live out through the flesh. When Jesus asked what the greatest commandment was, He said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31). The basis for everything we teach is “Life is Relationships.”
- Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit. We desire to walk in and by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit (available to all believers) empowers Christians for living witness and dedicated service.
Learn more here.
Now this is something to be thankful for. We are qualified. No doubt about it. God has done it for us.
God has prepared an inheritance for us. God has adopted us into His family. God, and God alone, has qualified us to share in His riches.
He sent His Son, Jesus the Messiah and it is now complete.
There is nothing else for us to do qualify to be a child of God. God has done it all. It is finished.
In my “work” and sometimes “family” life, I have to qualify myself. I have to prove myself. I have to demonstrate I can get it done. That is the way it works. That isn’t God’s way.
God’s world is different. It doesn’t make sense to us but it is reality.
We can share in the inheritance that our Father is preparing for us and all the saints. He has done it. There is nothing we can do to make it happen ourselves.
God is God. He does what He wants without our permission. He doesn’t ask us if it is okay with us.
God knows what needs to be done. God does it.
That is some good news.
Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. Programs share a sequential vision, building an understanding of relationships and family culture. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus. This encounter is the means for both insight and vision. Encountering Jesus leads a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | — Sept 2 – Nov 9, 2019 | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. ow.ly/Nhag30oRYRK
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program — Oct 20 – Nov 2 | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. http://ow.ly/l5SU30oS5pQ
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.