25 amazing scriptures for Thanksgiving!
Every day should be a day of thanks. Instead of thanks-giving, we should consider thanks-living. Our daily life should always be one of thanks to God and the King of glory, His Son Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- Psalm 107:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
- Psalm 7:17 I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
- Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
- Psalm 50:14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High,
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
- Hebrews 13:15 Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
- Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.
- Psalm 116:12 What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?
- Lamentations 3:23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
- Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Psalm 31:19 Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!
- Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
- 2 Corinthians 4:15 For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
- Psalm 95:2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
- Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
- Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
- 2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
- 1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise.Give thanks to him and bless his name. Psalm 100:4 (CSB)
Psalm 100 – A Psalm of Thanksgiving
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
What a beautiful outpouring of praise and thanksgiving from the psalmist! What a wise and fitting response on this Thanksgiving day :).
“Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.” (I Thessalonians 5:18)
There we have it for Thanksgiving 2015! Perhaps our circumstances are wonderful! Provision. Good health. All is well. All is bright! Give thanks! Do not fail to say, “Thank you, Dear Lord.”
Perhaps, all is not well, all is not bright. Give thanks! We see through a glass so very dimly during our earthly stay. Eternity is in the mind of the Father, not especially in ours. The NOW is so very important and heart-felt to each of us. In the midst of it all…GIVE THANKS!
For many the yearly harvest has come to an end; the ground has yielded its final portions, yearly goals for work are due, and grades at school are almost posted. It is soon coming to the close of 2014, and a wonderful time to pause and give thanks.
Thank you, Lord, for the labor you have given to us this year at CTCI. Any and all fruit that has come through our labors is to your Glory!
Thank You Lord for Families
Family is God’s will, the building blocks of the Church, and the greatest of human structures. It has been a blast, a joy, an absolute blessing to watch families strengthened and restored at CTCI. Thank You Lord for new friends, for examples to look upon, for families that desire to honor you before all other callings!
Enjoy this beautiful testimony from the Earl family after two weeks of INNvision.
Thank You Lord for Young Men and Women that Love Jesus
The Lord is faithful to mature His children and raise them as a light to the nations. We have watched this process take place over and over this year: young people from from all over the world, growing in the image of Jesus. Thank You Lord for the harvest of young adults You are reaping, men and women that have caught a glimpse of “Christ in them, the hope of Glory”.
YOUNG ADULT Programs
Enjoy this extremely silly, and hilarious, video of two of our Summer INNterns recapping the summer.
Thank You Lord for Godly Leadership
As a relatively young “Timothy” in ministry, I am indebted to the “Pauls” – God has placed in my life. Thank You Lord for the leadership here at CTCI that patiently grooms me (us) with Your hands. Sacrifice. Vision. Constant. Bold. Firm. Patient. Trusting. Faithful.
For all the faithful shepherds that have endured with “Timothys” over the years, THANK YOU. The younger need you. We want you. We desperately need the example of your faith, and your loving encouragement – and correction – that helps guide our lives!
“Follow me, as I follow Christ” – Godly Leadership
Thank You Lord for an Extraordinary Board of Directors
The Lord has been extremely gracious to us in the caliber and servant leadership of the Board of Directors of CTCI. They tirelessly partner with us to ask God for a vision of The Inn for the future, and to work out the nuts and bolts of how to operate in the day to day. They personally pour into the staff here with both encouragements and challenges. Thank You Lord for sending such a special group who continually “lift up our hands” in this battle for families and young people.
Thank You Lord for Susan Kovaka
It has been an honor and a privilege to have had Susan and her family here at CTCI for the past four+ years. Ms. K’s passion and fire to see people’s lives redeemed and lived out powerfully in Christ has rallied our hearts. Her decorator’s touch has beautified the Inn – inside and out – in every season, and her passionate writing has inspired us with each fresh message of hope. Starting this December, Susan is pursuing the dream the Lord has given her to see women set free from human trafficking and prostitution. Thank You Lord for the blessed time she has spent here with us, and for the powerful work You are taking her to this next season.
Ms. K, you are truly a fireball 😉 … we will dearly miss you.
Thank You Lord for All Who Have Faithfully Supported CTCI
This year at the Inn, the Lord has showed up time and time again in many ways. There have been numerous times when a great financial need has been met with the Lord’s provision through faithful people responding to the nudge of the Holy Spirit. We have also witnessed many healings and powerful breakthroughs in people’s lives because of the prayers of the saints and the work of the Holy Spirit. Thank You Lord for co-laborers in this glorious Gospel!
Thank You Lord for You
One of the greatest gifts you have given to us, is the ability to see and express thanks of You. You Lord, we thank You.
You Lord – and not your gifts are our greatest delight. To know You, to see your goodness, your love, your endless mercy that blanket the skies. You Lord – and not your promises are what we cling to. Our heaven, our treasure, our future delight is in You.
Thank You Father – for your sovereign love.
Thank You Jesus – for your sufficient sacrifice.
Thank You Holy Spirit – for allowing us to see, and embrace the Glory of God.
Thank You Lord.
In a week, most of us in the United States will gather as family and friends around a table and share in the lavish feast we call Thanksgiving.
The tradition of setting aside a day to give thanks extends back to the earliest days of the U.S. The Continental Congress proclaimed a day of national thanksgiving in 1777, and President George Washington proclaimed one in 1789. After 1815, the practice disappeared until 1863, when President Abraham Lincoln established an annual national holiday of Thanksgiving to be observed on the last Thursday in November.